7.1.5 Icyfury Rotation

Homepage Forums Elemental Specific 7.1.5 Icyfury Rotation

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Cazz 6 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Max
    Shaman-in-training

Hello,

I’m really looking forward to running the Icyfury build out in 7.1.5; dropping the cumbersome totem mastery talent, levelling out my DPS rather than relying on big DPS CDs (I have the belt so have been raiding with Ascendance, although I’ve tended more towards Lightening Rod lately), adding two new spells to my ST rotation in Elemental Blast & Icefury, and being able to take Liquid Magma Totem in M+ without losing Lightening Rod (a surprising buff as our AoE is already really strong, especially with the reduced EQ duration – unsure if CL is being nerfed to compensate?). Lots of exciting stuff.

My question is: what is the stationary ST rotation going to look like with the 7.1.5 Icefury build?

Icefury > Elemental Blast > Lava Burst > Lightening Bolt?

And what about on the move? Outside of my artifact ability and Lava Burst procs, I spam flame shock at the moment. Will that change to Frost Shock with the Icefury buff?

Appreciate your thoughts!

P.S. Love that there’s a site dedicated to Elemental! Keep up the hard work.

Hell-Razor
    Shaman-in-training

Thats what I am trying to figure out really. I am more into this for the PvP aspect than anything else…. I think the IF build could result in a little higher burst but not sure… Trying to see what others say.

slanderman
    Farseer

You can find the rotation in the build guide: here

You can wait to use some frost shocks if you know there will be movement in a few seconds, but you would never want to delay icefury or elemental blast.

Now playing: SimulationCraft

fhnhf
    Shaman-in-training

Has anyone figured out how to smooth out the opening? I have been playing around with it and I feel like without mastery procs you are maelstrom starved to start out with. I have been trying EB IF FlS LvB LvB LvB FrS FrS and at that point you are 40 maelstrom short for the last two FrS with around 5 seconds left to generate enough for them. It feels like without getting lucky on overloads we will lose one FrS from opener each time. Any suggestions?

Jhaman
    Shaman-in-training

Stormkeeper a second before the pull? should be able to squeeze the three lightningbolts in there.

slanderman
    Farseer

We’ve updated the rotation’s opener with our thoughts on how you should start a fight. It doesn’t adhere to the maximum theoretical DPS but makes things smoother with minimal potential loss.

Now playing: SimulationCraft

Max
    Shaman-in-training

You can find the rotation in the build guide: here

You can wait to use some frost shocks if you know there will be movement in a few seconds, but you would never want to delay icefury or elemental blast.

Thanks! Not sure how I missed the rotation page of the guide.

Cazz
    Shaman-in-training

What about this opener:

Pre-Combat:
    -Fire elemental
    -Pre-pot
    -Elemental Blast

In Combat:
    -Icefury
    -Flame Shock
    -Lava Burst x2
    -StormKeeper
    -Lightning Bolt x3
    -Elemental Blast
    -Frost Shock x4

Cazz
    Shaman-in-training

I know you can’t cast those 4 Frost Shocks cuz of the lack of maelstorm, but you have 10 seconds of elemental bast buff and 30s of icefury buff to hit them out, just keep the normal rotation to generate the maelstorm needed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.